Tuesday, February 3, 2009

no luck for cupid.


Working in a mall, is temptation at its best. Its a girls kingdom no doubt, but its a deadly sin for my poor little wallet. Unfortunetly, my job is located right in front of Lasenza, a women`s realm for the skimpy, the sexy and the padded. With Valentine`s approaching, of course the boustiers and the frimpiest undies make its way to the front of the store, leaving the single gals like myself woundering ``who the hell am i going to wear that for!­­­``, so i havent even bothered to walk in. But to my despair, i couldnt escape it since a collegue forced me against my will, to help her find the redest and pinkest outfit for V-day. As i walked around, looking at the women frolicking over the satin and laced nighties, i woundered why i was even in this section.

i headed towards the back hoping for an exit or a fire alarm, but of course i was drawn to the tables of cute pyjamas and undergarments. A couple of minutes later, i was walking out with a bag full of stuff and felt very content with my purchases, comfy pjs, socks and some short shorts. As i walked past my colleague, who was still debating between black or pink for at least thirty minutes now, i couldnt help but realise that i had one less thing to even bother myself with. Valentines, no matter how lonely it can make some feel, it isnt about satisfying your significant other. this valentines, i decided to treat myself, because its ALL about satisfying yourself after all, right? ;) So when all else fails, you can sure count on mr.interac for a little a treat.

Jessica Di Re

No comments:

Post a Comment